I was born to tell stories. I am avid fan of the English language and various writing styles. I use both to connect with my readers. I am experienced at writing feature articles, news reports, editorials, TV and radio scripts and short stories. I like writing about the news, sports, music, cultural diversity, travel and trends. My goal is to work, experience and write and produce as much as possible.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Good Listener, Effective Interviewer, Creative Writer, Strong Interpersonal Skills, News & Trend Pundit, Deadline Driven, Social Media Professional, Photojournalism, Publishing Tools, Copyediting, Proofreading, Advanced MS Word User
Staff Writer 2015-2016
The Odyssey Online
- Blog weekly on trending topics
Production & Promotion Intern ` Summer 2016
Cumulus Media Memphis (Division of Cumulus Media)
· Provide newsroom support, including news stories, social media posting and writing of news
· Support on-air talent for rock and country formats
· Write copy for promotions and digital efforts and perform web updates
· Assist the street team at various station events and appearances
· Execute client related promotional campaigns, station events, and concerts
General Manager 2014 -2015
Germantown High School - TV
Overall student leader at GHS-TV. Lead team of 50 students in the daily operation of a public access television station that produces 2,160 hours of original programming annually. The station’s work also appears weekly on the local NBC affiliate, WMC-TV Action News 5, as part of our News 101 series.
Other Positions: Paid Intern (2014-2015), Programming Director (2013 – 2015), Election Night Anchor and Local Race Reporter (2014), Wake Up Germantown producer, anchor, reporter (2013 – 2015), Action News 5 News 101 Reporter/Videographer (2013 – 2015), Documentarian (2013 – 2014).
Writer/Correspondent Summer 2015
· Wrote factually correct, concise and engaging news stories within tight deadlines.
· Used Photojournalism to regularly enhance the website and stories
Paid Summer Intern Summer 2014
Germantown High School - TV
· Worked with Professional Staff to create programming ideas and monthly schedules for the TV station
· Wrote, produced and edited weekly news and trend reports, special projects and regular shows
Journalism Spring 2016 to Present
Emerson College Boston, Massachusetts
Liberal Arts Fall 2015
Semester at Sea University of Virginia
· Traveled to eleven ports and nine countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Central America and Caribbean
· Took four accredited classes, participated in numerous club activities and broadened my views
Fine Arts/General Studies Class 2015
Germantown High School ` Germantown, TN
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
TV and Writing - Winner - three (3) 2015 Emmys awarded by the National Academy of Television of Arts and Sciences (NATAS) of the Mid-South Region for Newscast, Talent, and Writing, Nominated - four (4) 2014 RegionalEmmy’s for News Reporting, Short Form Documentary, Talent and Newscast, Nominated – 2014 Western Kentucky Film Festival’s for Best Documentary Film, Winner – 2014 GHS-TV’s “Best Reporter”.
Musical Theater - Winner – 2015 Orpheum National High School Musical Award for Best Actor, Winner- 2014 Orpheum National High Musical Award Winner for Best Actor, Participant – 2014 – The National High School Musical Theatre Awards, Finalist 2015 The National High School Musical Theatre Awards, Winner “The Jimmy” given by peers of the 2015 The National High School Musical Theatre Awards . Winner - 2014 Effie-Poplar Pike Playhouse for Best Actor.
Volunteer Work - Deacon, Germantown Presbyterian Church (2013- 2014), Collierville Bible Church Reynosa Mission Trip (2014), Next Step Ministries NYC Sandy Relief Mission Trip (2013)
Community Recognition - Rotary Youth Leadership Award (2014)